South Waikato District Council is currently going through a period of growth and change, reflecting our regions progression and development.
Our Assets Group is seeking an Engineering Officer to provide assistance and support the manager to ensure smooth running of the team's functions.
The key accountabilities of this role include:
- Providing engineering support
- Planning and building consent support associated with land development and sub-divisional engineering, including the processing of PIM's
- Managing information in relation to network modelling
- Assisting with maintaining Council's road and three water Asset Register
- Supervising installation and restoration of all infrastructure installed
Full details of responsibilities are available in the Job Description.
Our ideal candidate will have proven technical engineering skills related to road, water reticulation, wastewater reticulation and stormwater construction. You will have a tertiary qualification with a minimum of three years' experience.
This role will suit someone with effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. Advantageous, but not essential skills include experience in negotiating with contractors, the ability to use AutoCAD, surveying skills, and previous experience in Local Government engineering.
If you are keen to be involved and ready to join us then we want to hear from you. Apply today!